Monday, April 4, 2011

New Gnome Home

 
Having two full time jobs, one taking care of two developmentally disabled gentlemen who live with me, and  the other job in which I am a Program Quality Assurance Coordinator for a company which assist around 80 people with developmental disabilities, doesnt leave me alot of time to work on my craft projects.
I only had a day to work on this house this weekend.  Hopefully next weekend I will be able to finish completing the outside of the house, plus start the electrical and add lights. 


I spent about an hour adding a mossy look on the outside of the house, with lots of glue and ground cover stuff.

I was going to leave the mushrooms creme color, but I did not like the look, so im going to add some ground cover to them to make them look brighter.




I actually was sort of liking the white look of the house, and I am thinking that I might make a house with a winter scene one day, with lots of snow on it.


Im not the best painter, so this is a little ruff, and i keep changing my mind on what color it should be.

8 comments:

  1. It's looking really good! Too funny that you can't pick a color... Just means you're gonna half to build one in each color scheme! I think I snow house would be beautiful!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie, a Snow winter gnome or fairy house would be wonderful, but saying that I love this gnome house and think the colourings fabulous! The house really looks like a tree stump! You did all that in a day??!! Sounds like a very busy and rewarding life you lead! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't wait to see this with lights and peek in the windows to see where the gnome lives.

    Victoria ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too! I wanna see the lights and I think it's starting to look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just incredible. :)

    I like the idea of a snow house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic - love to see what you are creating.
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just fantastic in everyway! I love the idea of one with snow! :o)

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you find time for such wonderful work when you have your hands well and truly full!
    I adore the shapes of this house it is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete