Monday, October 8, 2012
Once I had glue ed all the plastic greenery on the tree, I went around to all the limbs and the areas the hot glued showed and painted on Elmer's Glue and then covered it with green moss sprinkles, this helped hide any ugly spots and hot glue.
Because the tree weighs 4 or 5 pounds I hot glued it to the base and also hot glued some leaves and branches that were touching the house so it was well supported.
I am really starting to love my little stain glass windows. Making a mistake and getting stain on the windows and me covering them up with my fake stain glass turned out to be a Good Thing!
The flooring drying in the kitchen. I started out with making a card stock paper floor pattern and then cut out the wood flooring to match the pattern. The large middle floor in the picture goes in the top left attic, it completely fell apart in this process, It was the only floor I had to glue to card stock and the darn stain ate through the glue again, but i ended up spending more time fixing this floor.
I precut wood strips and stained them, these will become the base boards around the room once the flooring is laid.
There were so many intricate cuts to make because of all the beams that ran down the wall to hide the electrical wires, it took me a couple hours to make the 7 room patterns to make the floors from.
I think the finished floors look pretty darn good for my first time also staining floors. I really like the aged look on the plaster walls with the flooring. In this picture I still have to age the inside of the fire place with soot. This is the left side of the main living area.
This will become the main living area.
This is the attic spare bedroom.
This will be the master bedroom that has a closet to the left.
This will be a sitting room or something by the first floor exit.
This will become the kitchen on the first floor.